This Fall Dr. Roxanne Henkin steps down as the director of the San Antonio Writing Project, and Dr. Zaid Haddad steps in as the new director. We are so grateful for her 10 years of leadership and service!
The new 2016-2017 Super Saturday schedule is up. Check it out!
This Fall, SAWP begins its third year working with the TEA Write for Texas initiative. We have been working in middle and high schools in the Harlandale and South San Antonio ISD.
Congratulations to SAWP for a busy summer working with teachers and students. This work included:
- Seven different Young Writer’s camps at UTSA-Downtown, the Good Samaritan Community Services Center, Krueger Middle School, Mission Library, and Mission San Juan.
- A Week-long Writing Workshop Open Institute with NEISD teachers
- A Week-long Writing Workshop Open Institute with Harlandale and South San Antonio ISD Secondary teachers
- A Week-long Writing Workshop Open Institute with South San Antonio ISD Elementary teacher
- Other pre-semester in-service workshops with HISD teachers
- A two-day Advanced Institute on the College Ready Writer Program
Come join us for the remaining 2014-2015 Super Saturdays!
February 7th- 9th Annual Teachers’ Conference
Keynote speaker (Jerome Harste) and two sets of breakout sessions to choose from.
March- Collaborative Event: UTSA Storytelling Conference
Date TBA – Join SAWP at the UTSA Annual Storytelling Conference. More info to follow.
March 21st- iWrite Digital Writing Marathon
Enjoy the sights and sounds of Spring on our annual Writing Marathon.
April 11th- The Cuentos Project Open Mic Event
Join us as student writers from many cultures share their family stories. Location TBA.
Online Registration Available: Registration Form
Do it for YOU! Apply to attend the SAWP 2015 Invitational Summer Institute!